Would you ever want to work in a place where your hard work goes unnoticed, your skills aren’t appreciated, and you feel like you have no clear career path?
We think it’s pretty safe to say most people would answer, “no way.”
As a manager, you want to foster an environment that encourages, celebrates, and praises your employees. After all, not only is it the right thing to do, but studies show that when employees feel valued, they’re more likely to work hard and stay with your company.
Simple Ways to Make Your Employees Feel Valued
1. Learn which benefits are important to them. Flexible work hours, monetary bonuses, paid vacation days — there are a number of ways to show your employees that they’re valued. But most importantly, ask your team what’s most important to them — you may be surprised by their answers.
2. Give them the recognition they deserve. Recognition just may be the simplest and most impactful way to show your employees you care. And contrary to popular belief, recognition doesn’t always have to cost you. A handwritten note or company-wide email won’t have any effect on your bottom line but can make an employee’s whole day.
3. Ask for honest feedback. Feeling like you’re not being heard can be incredibly frustrating. Employees respect and appreciate a manager or boss who takes their feedback seriously.
4. Celebrate special moments in their life. Employees never want to feel like just another number. By celebrating important moments, like certifications earned, birthdays, engagements, and work anniversaries, you’re showing team members that they matter.
5. Invest in their careers. Learn what your employees’ goals are — do they plan on being here for a few months or are they interested in a managerial position one day? Once you know what they hope to get out of the job, you can determine what steps are needed to get them where they want to be.
Are you looking to be a part of a low-risk, high-growth industry with high rates of repeat customers and a business model that ramps up quickly? If so, we think it’s time you joined the Pack!
To receive your complimentary executive summary and learn more about franchise opportunities, fill out the form below or call us at (870) 600-2713. We’re looking forward to having you join the Camp Bow Wow family!